Monday, June 30, 2008

YELLOWSTONE AND SCRAPBOOKING


We went to Yellowstone for a week June 16-21. It was such a fun trip! I was so excited to get Tuesday, Friday and Saturday off of work. This was our family vacation for the summer.  It was such beautiful weather and it was great to be out hiking. 



This photo (below) is the unfortunate event that happened to us on this trip.  We were on our way to Mesa Falls when all of the sudden, something hit our car.  It had flown at us from the side so it was obviously a bird of some kind (which was also evidenced by the flurry of feathers that was settling on the road behind us!).  From the feathers we found we decided the bird was a ruffed grouse.


R-Jay and the boys worked on a painting of some flowers. The finished painting is awesome! I'll take a photo and post it maybe tomorrow.
Here we are on the Big Springs River Trail near island park. So fun!

And finally, some layouts I promised to share. There were made a few months ago, a couple were from right after Jack was born. But they are some of my favorites.  The one below is from the 24th of July last year.  I wanted some red white and blue, but I really loved the green balloon and wanted to highlight that a little.  I love the way this turned out! I used a ruler and pen to draw a line around the edge to give it a little more definition. Loved how that worked.

This is a super cute and sweet layout I did about Jack. I really love the colors of this one!
Another one from Jack's birth. I love these layouts with one photo. I love that they highlight an emotion that the one photo brings up.  I think I am liking these two layouts even more right now because Jack will be 2 years old in about a month. I can't believe it!
This is a cute layout that I made to demonstrate the products in a kit that I will be putting up on my etsy shop this week.  The next layout is from that kit as well.

I really love these papers and things. They are all so vintage looking. I am loving that right now.  
Hope you all have a great evening! Tomorrow I am planning on posting some photos from a cool art journal I made. I will also have a link to our Flickr account so you can see the full set of Yellowstone photos. There are a ton! :) 

No comments: