Saturday, December 13, 2008

Much needed inspiration

Just a quick post today.  I have been having a hard time with my mothering lately.  Maybe being pregnant and ornery.  Maybe it's because if the other parts of my life that are falling apart. Whatever the reason, I am not loving being a mom these days.  I'm sure everyone of you with kids can relate!  

I woke up on the morning of the 8th and immediately climbed out of bed onto me knees.  I was overwhelmed already!  I prayed for strength and comfort.  Then I went about the business of getting the kids breakfast, drinks and a show.  Once they were settled on the couch, I got my own breakfast and sat at the computer.  I like to check email and look at blogs first thing.  I was so inspired and uplifted by what I read.  And that continued for the next 2 days.  The first that inspired me that day was Ann at Holy Experience. What I love most about her blog is the way she shows that God can and should be a part of every aspect of your daily life-from housework, to raising kids, to just finding the time to study the scriptures.  I have been uplifted many, many times.  This time I was especially inspired by her posts on December 8 and 9.  I felt that Heavenly Father had answered my prayers.

The second one was Amanda at SouleMama.  She is so incredible.  I think her life is such a close match to what I want my life to be like (and is so far from!).  I just love reading her blog first thing in the morning.  I was inspired by her post on December 10 entitled "How we're going... this time."  I was feeling so overwhelmed (yes first thing in the morning), but then I read these words "It's fair to say there are moments of being overwhelmed.  Moments where one might wonder what one has gotten oneself into. But then.  Always just then-at that moment before utter overwhelming panic sets in-a moment of peace, a clear sign of love. Surely a sight of family.  All of the above stress is quieted and overshadowed by the reminder that this-this is what it's all about."  Wow!  Thanks for that.  Even writing about it now, I am reminded in my heart of what is important.   

I need to remember these things better and be content in the life that I have.  It is good.  And I am grateful.

No comments: