Friday, February 4, 2011

Finish it Friday



I finished!

A couple of weeks ago, I received another art journal in the mail from July. If you remember from several months ago, I was invited to join a round robin art journal project led by the fabulously talented Paula (who had an article published in the current issue of Art Journaling Magazine!!).

The theme of this journal is Vintage Love. This was a difficult theme for me--it's just not my style. But I did my best and finally finished it today. I have to say I was very motivated to finish because not only am I backed up on these journals (I still have to finish Paula's journal), but I REALLY wanted to put a link on Robyn's "Finish it Friday" blog post today. Now I can!

Here is the journal:

A little far away, but I wanted you to see the 2 pages side by side.

Left side

Right side

Detail of the glassine envelope (some small journal spots will go here later). The image is from The Graphics Fairy.

Another detail photo. That purple at the top is decorated packing tape adhered to one side then folded over to the other. I love doing that!

Detail of pearls and lace attached with Tiny Attacher.

Can you see the shimmer? I sprayed the entire page (all of them) with Old Lace Glimmer Mist to make it a little shiny. That image is also from The Graphics Fairy.

The quote I used. You can see the texture from scrumpled tissue paper which I adhered with heavy gloss gel. I then put a thin wash of white acrylic paint over it to blend it into the page. The tissue had been colored with Oriental poppy GM and Burnt Red GM. The colors were a little overpowering for the pages, so I toned it down with the white. I love the texture.

My sign in page-love that image of the girl. She reminds me of me though I'm not that cute! :)

All in all the pages went quickly. There were several of those "ugly" stages where nothing looks right. But Paula says you have to just push past those and continue on. Ultimately, I like the way it turned out. I think it represents my style and matches the theme.

It will soon go off to Margo!! Yay!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I LOVE the way it turned out, Jamie!!! THanks a million and a half for being such an awesome friend and joining my linky party!

Christy said...

Been awhile since I've been to your blog--I lost the address, in some blog confusion (long story) but congrats on your pregnancy!! And if you are looking to move, the Salt Lake county library system is great!!! ;)

Mescrap said...

Hi, I read your comment from Kelly Kilmer about masking tape.
I have a swap which was just posted on my blog.
Thought you might interest in the swap.
http://mescrap.blogspot.com/2011/05/masking-fun-swap.html