Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Today


Today

is cloudy and trying to rain.

I had a sad dream about a lost friend that I haven't seen in years and still love tremendously.  

Today is kind of a down day.
Because of that, I will be doing some work in my art journal.  I will be working on some personal topics so I probably won't share the pages.  Perhaps there will be pieces that I can share. We'll see.

Right now, I'll share some of the things that make me happy these days.

This is what I got for my birthday from my sweet family: 
a block of watercolor paper
a BUNCH of carving blocks (I've been without any for many months so I am excited!)

My first painting
Remember--I am not a professional!!
But I'm proud of it.

A cute page of Addison

Addison's Room

A very simple page about a trip to Bear Lake.  I love all the kids lined up like that!

The other day, R-Jay had Addison in the backpack.  He said she started fussing and crying and when he looked back he saw her feet! She had gotten her legs out of the leg holes and gotten into a "V" position.  Then, of course, she couldn't get out.  When he showed me I just started laughing and instead of helping her I got my camera (of course!).  She is quite rambunctious!

Here is a link to one of my favorite YouTube movies.  It makes me smile and sometimes cry a little (Shhh, don't tell anyone!).  I like to think that we would be friends with these people. 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1 comment:

Paula Phillips said...

Love your new goodies! Soo much carving goodness! I love to carve my own stamps.
The pages are wonderful as well.
Much Love