Monday, January 12, 2009

Makeup and Moleskines!


Makeup and Moleskines

Here are a few things I am really into right now.

First of all, I am learning to knit.  Slowly.  But I really love it.  I haven't moved past the knit stitch yet.   I think I am afraid.  But I really want to make some simple things for the new baby. We'll see if I can get past the mental obstacles and get something done.  I have aspirations for a small afghan, but I'm not sure. I've got to go to Logan and have my Grandma help me get started.  This photo is a scarf that I made for Sam.  He picked out the yarn himself.  It completely matches his personality.  He loves it!  It feels so good to make something for my little ones.  (Jack's scarf is in process.)

These are two scarves that I made before Christmas.  The purple one is mine and the other is for R-Jay.  It was supposed to be a gift, but I forgot to give it to him! Oops!  His was actually the first thing I ever made. 
The next thing I am really into right now is Moleskine notebooks.  They are so wonderful.  I love them all.  They are so well made and so sturdy.  They handle all the junk I do to them.  And they are the perfect sizes.  I purchased a pocket sized sketch book to use as a nature journal and I got a pocket sized ruled cahier to keep a list of the books I read this year. 
I am using a pocket sized red one as an all inclusive information book that I keep in my purse. It has important phone numbers, my visiting teaching list, the book list for my book club as well as a list of books I want to read.  This photo is my New Year's Intentions.  (Sorry the photo is sideways.  I had uploaded it before I realized and didn't want to do it over.  You get the idea!)
Here is a gentle reminder of the importance of my role as a mama.  Aren't my boys cute!?
Another pretty page with some quotes that inspire me.  These are from a wonderful book called A Year By The Sea.

In the back pocket I have some note cards for transitory information (dates I need to transfer to planner, shopping lists, scrapbook ideas, etc).  Also, some images cut from magazines that I want to add in somewhere.  Some other things in this book are photos of my family, words to hymns that uplift me, photos from the internet that inspire me (like photos of other people's moleskines!).  I love to just pull out the book and flip through the pages.  It just makes me happy!
Now for the embarrassing thing.  My 19 year old granola-girl self would be so  ashamed.  Right now, I love makeup!  There, I said it.  It's such a waste of time and money.  I don't feel any different when I wear makeup.  I don't think it makes me any more beautiful.  But I just love all the pretty packages and colors.  I love shopping in stores like Sephora and The Cosmetics Company Outlet.  Here are some things I got a little more than a week ago at the CCO in Park City.  These are all MAC things.  I love them all!  
These last 2 are some lip glosses from the Napoleon Perdis line at Target.  I love these glosses. They are so pretty and look great alone or over lipstick.  So nice!
Well, there you have a little peak into some of my loves right now.  Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Me.shell said...

Love the moleskins! You are just so amazing you make journaling look easy and so fun!I always get so inspired when I visit your blog. Makeup??? really??? you ALWAYS look fab!