Monday, January 19, 2009

Health update


Update!

I got the results from the 1 hour glucose test from last week.  My blood sugar was high.  So this Wednesday I am going in for a 3 hour glucose test.  It's the same thing:  I'll be fasting when I drink the glucose drink.  They will then draw my blood one hour after, two hours after and then three hours after.  Sucks-that's all I can say.

I will also be getting my Rhogam shot.  (I have a negative blood type.) I already knew about this since I had to do it with my other 2.  I'm not looking forward to it though since it hurts really bad!

And finally, the doctor told me my iron levels were really low.  My hematocrit and red blood cell count.  I have a minor case of anemia anyway, but she said the levels were lower than they ever have been in the past.  So I am taking ferrous sulfate pills daily.  I'm trying not to worry too much about what low iron means for the baby.  I am trying to focus on what I can control--taking my pills regularly, taking care of myself physically etc.  Worry and stress are counter-productive anyway. 

On  lighter note, I have been stressed that this baby is actually a boy.  I'm not sure why. I'm carrying low which makes me wonder (though I don't remember that with the boys).  So last night I was lying in bed scrutinizing the ultrasound pictures from Jack and from this one.  Jack was very obviously a boy.  And this one was very obviously missing something.  That only reassured me a little.  R-Jay came in and saw me hunched over these photos-the only thing missing was the magnifying glass!  I'm sure I looked like a crazy person!


Here is just a cute photo of Sam from our thrip to Park City a few weekends ago!  Such a beautiful day but bitterly cold up there!  We had lots of fun!

No comments: