Tuesday, March 9, 2010


The (Mostly) Completed Album

Here is the finished product!  

Here we go!


Fibers, ribbons and lace attached to the binding rings.  There are also several cute charms.  I love the Tim Holtz fragment charm with her photo attached.

I wanted to leave the cover quite plain so as not to overwhelm my favorite paper.

Note: If there is a page that was shown in the previous post that does not show up here, it is because no changes were made to it.  

I  love this page.  That quote makes me want to cry every time I read it.  It's so fitting.  The paper was white when I got it.  I inked it with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  You can't really tell in the photo, but I covered it with Rock Candy Distress Stickles.  It looks awesome!

Cute simple page.

Cute page about the hospital.  A few charms added.  The fibers on the edge were tied through eyelets attached to the edge of the papers.

This page is sideways-Sorry!  Here is one side of the transparency.

Here is the other side.  Love the way this turned out.

I love this page with the little envelope.  It says "Adore" embossed ingold on the front.  The back has a cute photo of me and Addison.  It just slips into the pocket which is help shut with a piece of velcro and then has a cute butterfly die cut on the edge.

I love this page.  This is the cover of the paper bag pockets.  

One of the inner pages.

The second page.  Then the paper bags open to hold tags (which I have not added yet).

Cute pocket page with the chipboard butterfly inserted.  I'm not sure what to put on it yet.  Maybe just journaling on the back.

Cute page with silly sleeping photos.  This tag was white but I distressed it the same as the first one.

Adorable photo.  Slips into the pocket made from the lace.
Simple collage page, lots of photos.

I love this photo of her.  I kept this page simple also.  It is a piece of glitter cardstock.  I cut a gold doily in half and added the halves to the side as a type of border.

I used a small file folder as a template to make this file folder out of one of the Mariposa papers.  A chipboard flourish is covered with black paint and then gold paint.  I then added UTEE and glass microbeads.  Looks pretty cool.  I could practice that technique more in order to do it better, but it's ok.  I love the butterfly accent and the lace on the edge.

The file opens to show photos from her blessing day.

The final page of the album is a photo of me, Addison, my mom and my grandmother.  Four generations of women--so fun.

So, there is the album.  It was so fun to make and I love the final product.  My main objective when I make something is that I want to look at it again and again.  And that is the case with this.  Awesome!


No comments: